This call is organised in the framework of the United Fashion Project. The call is open to fashion designers legally based in Europe and interested in expanding to the Portuguese market with their Fall-Winter 20/21 collection during the Lisboa Fashion Week from 5 until 7 March 2020.
Lisboa, European Green Capital in 2020, is the city of light and recognized internationally for its cool vibe and genuine lifestyle. The city has a unique mix between history and modernity and is three hours away from the Portuguese manufacturing area in the district of Porto. Lisboa Fashion Week is known for its long-term support of young talents and independent fashion and will host United Fashion in a special program dedicated to making, innovation and sustainability.
Looking for young designers with innovative DNA and a forward-thinking approach. Dedicated to fashion – womenswear, menswear, no-gender – collections. Brands that mix apparel and accessories are welcome. Accessories lines are not eligible. The designers are required to have two years set up experience and FW2021 see now buy now collections. The action will include private moments b2b for buyers and press, but also activities to sell directly to the public. Only one collection is required – FW2021 – but designers must ensure part of the collection is ready to sell immediately, so some duplicates are mandatory.
United Fashion in Lisboa is organized in two fronts. On one hand, a program with workshops, master-classes and knowledge sharing centered on the topic of production and addressing questions on making, sustainability and know-how. In parallel, the selected designers will be able to present the collection in showroom and showcase the collections through a fashion presentation in the context of Lisboa Fashion Week. This call is organized in the framework of the United Fashion project. It is carried out by 7 organizations active in the fashion sector all over Europe and supported by the Creative Europe program of the EU.
Arrival on March 4
- Workshop and masterclass – Production and Sourcing in Portugal
- Networking with local manufacturers and agents: an opportunity to meet one-on-one
- with industry experts and get practical advices and connections
- Fast Talks
- Showroom B2B & B2C (see now buy now)
- Private launch for buyers & press
- 2 days Fashion happenings (presentation with models)
Departure on March 8
Details of the participation
Travel and accommodation costs will be taken care by hosting organization, Associação ModaLisboa:
- Flight in economy class (limited budget according to flight origin)
- Hotel in Lisboa (selected by organizer) for 3 nights (1 person per participating brand)
The remaining costs are to be covered by each participant. The participant is also responsible for costs related to the transportation of the collection.
- 7 November 2019: Launch call
- 19 December: Call closes
- 9 January: Private announcement of finalists
Requirements for designers looking to participate in United Fashion activities:
- Ready-to-wear collection to showcase abroad: men/women;
- See now buy now collection;
- 2 years of brand existence;
- Minimum of 3 sales points;
- Innovative DNA;
- Clear communication and distribution brand vision.
For the selection of the designers the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Relevance to the fashion industry – brand & collection identity;
- Quality of the project and presentation;
- Product quality;
- Brand image quality;
- Professional approach;
- Motivation to participate in the project and interest in the Portuguese market.
How to apply
Please send further information via email:
- Brand presentation, values and visuals;
- Designer profile (bio);
- Selection of pictures: 5 high-res pictures of the brand (lookbook or fashion images);
- 1 high-res portrait of the designer(s) + credits of the photographer;
- URL of the website, Instagram and Facebook account;
- Logo of the brand/company (.eps or .ai).
If you are from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia – Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should be sent by 19 December 2019 at the latest.